Laser Periodontal Therapy™ is a laser-based approach to gum disease using an Nd:YAG pulsed laser requiring specific knowledge and skills drawn from the whole field of dentistry.
The reasons we use Laser Periodontal Therapy™ are to:
- Remove diseased tissue without damaging healthy tissue
- Maintain the height of tissue surrounding the affected teeth (reduce post-treatment recession)
- Obtain hemostatic closure of the periodontal pocket
- Restore health and provide an environment for healing around affected teeth
To you, our patient, Laser Periodontal Therapy™ means:
- Reduced pain
- Reduced swelling
- Reduced recovery period
- Improved oral and overall body wellness
Management of periodontal disease is a multi-factorial process and can require multiple steps to assure all problems are properly managed. In addition to treatment of your gums, your doctor will check your bite for any irregularities or "high spots" and may adjust your bite to assist and assure proper healing. Also, we highly encourage our patients to maintain regular cleanings, and we outline a specific cleaning schedule that is customized for every patient.
We encourage you to ask Dr. Heaton about the management of gum disease using Laser Periodontal Therapy™ to find out if you are a candidate for this state-of-the-art method for helping you achieve better oral health.